It is the dream of couples around the world to have a big dream wedding. The coronavirus pandemic has unfortunately impacted the plans of many.
A wedding is a beautiful love-filled event. What could be better than witnessing two people profess their love for each other with a lifetime commitment? There are many reasons to love weddings. It is the perfect opportunity to celebrate with friends and loved ones, and you get to dress up, too. A pandemic wedding, however, is a whole new kettle of fish. If you are currently planning your wedding, we have the perfect coronavirus wedding advice for you. Click on the links above to learn more about why weddings are magical affairs and how the pandemic need not make you give up your dream.
We have put together a list of the top 6 tips to have the best wedding despite being in the middle of a pandemic.
- Check the protocols of the venue you have chosen. Are there both indoor and outdoor options? If it is an indoor venue, is there sufficient ventilation and space to allow for social distancing? It is important that the venue you choose follows the guidelines set out by health officials worldwide.
- Consider hiring a wedding planner to take care of all the nitty-gritty details for you. There is more than enough to do when planning a wedding. Hiring a professional to ensure all regulations and protocols are followed will make the planning process slightly easier.
- Look at your catering options. Pre-plated meals are the safest option for serving meals. An alternative could be individual platters and charcuterie boards per table. For an outdoor wedding, consider using a food truck for a fun alternative to normal wedding catering options.
- Get creative and create cute sanitizing stations with themed signs reminding people of the protocols. Use fancy little bottles of hand sanitizer in your table decor. Functional can be pretty too.
- Consider downsizing. A smaller wedding can be just as beautiful and romantic. By reducing the number of guests, you can allow for better social distancing. Group families or households together at tables and use barriers for social distancing if necessary. There are a number of beautiful clear barriers available for hire from a multitude of online catering and event planning stores. You can also check with the venue to see if this is something they can provide with their decor and table settings.
- Provide a live-stream option for guests who are unable to attend in person. You can use any one of a multitude of online platforms to stream your wedding. If you are creating a wedding website, you can add a digital guestbook for guests who attended via live stream.
The Covid-19 pandemic does not need to ruin your plans for a dream wedding. Adapt your plans according to restrictions and regulations and make the most of it. A smaller wedding could mean a larger budget for the honeymoon.