As a beginner In the fashion industry, the first thing you need to understand is the scope of fashion. Fashion is broad.
Just as we have fashion designers, there are product developers, technical designers, merchandisers, production managers, planners, buyers, and let alone marketing, sales, distribution, and many other roles that can make-or-break a fashion brand.
The demand for clothing and shoes is continuously on the rise across the world which makes the fashion industry a multi-billion dollar industry.
The global apparel market is projected to grow in value from 1.5 trillion U.S. dollars in 2020 to about 2.25 trillion dollars by 2025.
While fashion is changing at an alarming rate across the world, the demand for fashionable clothes and accessories is not going down anytime soon.
If you’re not sure about the best place to find your favorite accessories, you can check out some top recommendations on us-reviews.com.
If you are feeling skeptical about your options, you can shop accessories for women through online reviews for a better decision-making process.
Where Should You Start?
As a self-learner, you must take the time to research, ask questions, and experiment.
Start by picking a cult (like bikers, skaters, rock, street, underground, etc) and follow influencers, early adopters, most popular celebrities, fashion designers that follow that style on Instagram or Pinterest. If you this for 1 month, you’ll be up to date on fashion that’s trending.
If you are interested in a career in the fashion industry, you need to understand subjects that will help you progress into a successful fashion designer.
Try experimenting on these points:
- Sketch your fashion ideas without looking for inspiration online.
- Draw the cycle of your idea from designing to submission to implementation on a blank page.
- The next step is to research similar ideas to know where your designs fall under. It may fall under a chic, hip, Gothic, eclectic, street fashion, or boho. It could also be a combination of these or unique thoughts.
- Google searches fashion designers, industry experts, and decision-makers who have similar styles and follow their work. Carve something unique from their techniques or styles.
- Observe influencers, celebrities, and stylists on the internet. It will help you discover trends.
- Familiarize yourself with colors, texture, body types, pattern cutting, and sewing.
- Search for how to launch a brand, brand awareness, customer engagement, and driving sales.
- Go through fashion journals and magazines. You will find designers and their work.
As you practice these tips, remember that the fashion world is diverse. Keeping this in mind will help you not to fixate your mind on a single idea.
If you wish to progress to advanced-level fashion designing, you will need expert-aided guidance and training. You can enroll in any of the top fashion designing institutes.
If you can’t afford to attend a fashion institute in person, there are some great online fashion design courses to start with.
If you need more tips on how to jumpstart your career into the fashion industry, there are a few tips and advice you’ll need for the long run.